Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Living in Texas, it is still hot as the dickens here. Nonetheless, I am getting in the mood for Fall. Here's my first Halloween card. I used my Tim Holtz inks on this one. I just might be a little dangerous with these things after my class with Tim himself on August 28th!

Here are the details for this card.

Carts:
  • Gypsy Wanderings - branch
  • Sugar and Spice Lite - owl

I used a technique I learned from watching the demo videos on Tim's website. I swiped the Spiced Marmalade ink pad on a craft mat, sparyed it with water and dapped my paper in it. I then dried it with my heat gun and repeated the steps one more tiime. I then inked the edges with my the foam applicator and the Dusty Concord and Black Soot inks. I love that purple and orange combination.


I stamped the sentiment with a dollar stamp using the Black Soot ink pad. I went over the sentiment with Perfect Pearls in Perfect Pearl (white).


I used an old Anna Griffin stamp I forgot I had to make the scroll print in the background. I welded the owl and the branch together on my G. The owl was actually a lot fatter but I streched him out to give him a spookier look. I cut a seperate owl to lift up with pop dots. It's all about the shadows for a halloween card!


I put pop dots behind the branch and adhereed it all to the background. I am really happy with this card, especially knowing when I make it again, it won't be exactly the same. Thanks for looking!


Smooches,


No comments:

Post a Comment