Sunday, August 8, 2010

Bonjour to French Manor

Call me crazy but I have almost forgotten how to use my E since I rely so heavily on my G now! Do any of you feel that way too? It is because of this reason that I am just now really getting into my French Manor cart. I have loved it since I first saw it but I couldn't get my cuts to come out like I wanted them to. But now that it is on the G, I can design until my hearts content!

I saw a card that Jeannie Philips made this week with the FM cart and I liked it (as I always do with her creations). What's funny is that I had just bought some paper this week in very similar tones and had planned to make a card like this one. Great minds think alike!

Here's my first card with the French Manor cart. I just love the way it came out. Every single cut is from the FM cart. I used the stamp frame and welded a flourish to the inside of it for the large cut. I used my Tim Hotlz ink in Black Soot to ink the edges (I like the subtle affect his inks give with the daubber).

I then cut a bird bath and the sentiment. I started to put the sentiment on the card but felt it needed something to help it pop. So I took a piece of scrap paper, cut it and rounded the corners and made it a plaque for the sentiment. I put small pop dots on all the parts and adhered them to the card.

I hope you like it as much as I do. Leave me some blog love and comments. Until next time...


Smooches!

No comments:

Post a Comment