Monday, August 16, 2010

30 Minute Card - Gather Friends

I love this card! Although, I must tell you that this is not what I set out to make. Sometimes, when I am crafting, my projects take on a life of their own. It is a real organic experience. That's exactly what happened here.

I had gotten a new toy and set out out to use it. By the time I started pulling my ideas together along with my supplies, the new toy was no where in sight. I put the card together and I was glad I trusted my creative spirit.

This card is not about the cuts and it did not take a lot of designing. The beauty in this card is in the techniques and embellishments that were used. It took about 30 minutes from start to finish and you can make one in that amount of time too!

Here are the details.

Cart:
  • Gypsy Wanderings - leaf

I cut the brown layer 3.75" x 5.25" and embossed it with the Script embossing folder. I then cut orange layer 3.5" x 5" and embossed it with the Tim Holtz Woodgrain embossing folder. I cut the leaf at 2.5" and inked the edges with the TH Distress inks in Fired Brick and Peeled Paint. I really love the way the leaf came out . The distressing makes it come to life.


I printed the sentiment on the computer in brown ink and inked the edges with the same inks I used on the leaf. I glued the 2 background layers down. I put pop dots on the leaf and the sentiment to raise them up and give more dimension.

When I finished this card, it made me want to put a warm sweater on, pull all my friends close and just talk for hours. What about you? Tell me what you think by leaving me some comments and blog love! TFL!!!


Smooches,



No comments:

Post a Comment