Carts and Materials
- Kate's ABCs - font for wording
- Home Accents - flourish
- Vinyl - I used brown Cricut Vinyl
- Transfer Tape - I used Cricut brand
- 4x4 Travertine Tiles - I found these at Home Depot
- Self Adhesive Felt - for backing on the coaster
Making these coasters is really pretty easy. I used my G to put my design together. I was able to get 9 sets on one mat. The test really came when it was time to remove the backing from the mat.
*I put a post on the Circle MB because I was having some problems removing my paper backing from my mat once my image was cut. I learned a few things fron this post.
- Use the settings 3-3-3 when cutting vinyl (speed, pressure and blade depth). This will give you a "kiss" cut that only cuts the vinyl and not the paper backing.
- Use an older mat, not a really sticky new one. This makes it easy to remove the paper backing.
- Once your image is cut, remove the negative before you apply the transfer paper. This makes it so much easier to lift your image off of your mat.