Cart and Materials
- Shall We Dance (Cricut Circle Exclusive) - ballerinas
- MS Seasonal Cake Art - font for name
- Tote Bag - Simplicity brand from Joann's
I started with the ballerina's and I cut them with the Silhouette feature. My first mistake was fabric choice. I orignally went with a black duck cloth which turned out to be way too thick. I set my gypsy to cut the image several times and it still wouldn't seperate cleanly from the fabric. So I switched to a basic black calico fabric which is much thinner.
It took me cutting the images 3 times before I got a clean enough cut. I still had to snip them in a few areas in order to free them. But they were done. The Heat & Bond has a paper backing on it for cutting so I removed that and they were ready to iron on to the bag.
Cutting the letters was much more simple and I don't know why. I used a calico fabric for this as well. Oh well!. They came out crisp and clean.
Because you can't have a ballerina without a tutu, I decided to add some tulle to embellish this part of their silhouettes. I took a stip of tulle, doubled it over and ran a running stitch through it so I could gatther it. I then used Fabri-Tac to glue the tulle to the silhouettes just where I wanted. I then glued a ribbon rose at the waist from my stash to add some femininity and to cover up the thread.