Saturday, June 11, 2011

Happy Father's Day - Circle Weekly Challenge Entry

It's summer and I have lots of time to do what I love - crafting!  So much time that I am participating in this week's Cricut Circle Weekly Challenge.  It was posted yesterday and I am already done!  Eeeks!

This week's challenge was the make a Father's Day card using the following sketch:


Masculine cards are hard for me, as they are for many of you.  I just don't have that many ideas for them.  I like flowers and ribbons and scallops and the sort.  That is easy for me.  Designing a card for a man is, well, a challenge.  Here's what I came up with.

Here's the prescription!

Carts and Materials
  • Everyday Paper Dolls - golf ball, putting green, flad (inside card)
  • Seeing Spots - embossed the golf ball to make the divits
  • Stamp - Studio G "Ditto" collection @ Michaels
I used the embossing folder and turned the image over so the impression was going in instead of raised.  It makes it look like the real thing.  I had to cut the putting green twice, once in yellow, to get the flag.  I also had to color in the pole with a black marker to seperate it from the grass.


I stamped the sentiment with black ink.  But because the paper was so textured, it didn't stamp completely.  So I had to fill in the word "Father" with a black marker.  It turned out great.

I carried my theme to the inside of the card.

I really like the way it came out and I hope you do to.  Leave me some love and we'll catch up later.  Got some more goodies to show ya!

Smooches,

3 comments:

  1. Great card. I think this is a good masculine one!!! (plus if you know any female golfrs just ass some pink right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Masculine cards are hard for me too! But you knocked it out of the ballpark with this one!

    ReplyDelete