Monday, May 30, 2011

Spring Plate - Circle Blog Monthly Challenge Entry

I am pushing it here folks.  I have about 2 hours left to get my project entered into the Cricut Circle May Monthly Blog Challenge.  I just might make it!
This month's challenge was a Tic-Tac-Toe board where the crafter chose 3 squares in a tic-tac-toe formation.  Here is the 3T board and the red arrow shows what I chose to use in my project.

And here is my project!  It's a Spring Plate for my home.

Here is how I put this project together.

Carts
  • Base Camp - rectangle (welded to the grass)
  • Cindy Loo - font
  • Doodlecharms - sun
  • Gypsy Wanderings - grass, flower stem, butterfly
  • Nifty Fifties - daisy flower
  • Sugar and Spice - inside of rose
  • Tags, Bags, Boxes and More - rose
I got the plate from Wal-mart at Christmas time (there was a post on the blog using it).  It is about the size of a charger.


I used vinyl for the wording on this plate.


I used Juliana's directions and video to make the flowers.  I used different cuts but the results were still beautiful!


I love this sun cut!  It is my favorite and the one I go to when I need a sun for my project.

Side view so you can see the dimension on the flowers and all the buttons in the grass posing as flower buds!  I also used 2 layers on the butterflies that allowed me to pop up the wings. 


I hope you enjoyed this project.  Now I need to make one for Summer!  Until next time...


Smooches,



No comments:

Post a Comment