Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Cricut Circle Blog Weekly Challenge October 8th

It's funny when you think about where you get inspiration! I was at a local party supply store and saw a balloon with the cutest design on it. I immdiately said "I can make that into a card!" (It also gave me a reason to go buy the Carousel Lite cart!) So I pulled my phone out, took a picture with my camera and ran home to get to work. Luckily for me, my amazing friend and mother to my adorable God-daughter was having a birthday this week. Guess what card she is getting?!?! Making this was a double whammy - a cute card for her and a perfect entry for this weeks CC Blog contest.

Here are the details of the card!

Carts:
  • Carousel Lite - Girl
  • George - rounded rectangle
  • Home Decor - crown and flourish
  • Storybook - Birthday
  • Sugar and Spice Lite - scalloped rectangle

Pic of the Balloon - coming soon!






All the cuts on this card are pretty straight forward. I used the Tall creative feature on the Storybook cart to make the word "Birthday". I wanted the squeezed in look and that both words made a block. I played around with it on my G until I got the dimensions just right.





I hope you like the card and I really hope I win the Pink Journey cart. I have been wanting that one for a while. Wish me luck!

Smooches,

Robin
The Scrappin' Delta Diva

No comments:

Post a Comment