Monday, September 20, 2010

New Wheels Card

Don't you love a new car?! I do! The smell, the shine, the feel. It all makes me smile. Just like this card called "New Wheels" for a person who got a new car.

I love the Little Tykes car cut on the B is for Boy Lite cart. I thought it would be cute on this card. It harkens back to your childhood - kinda like the feeling you get when you get a new car! Here are the details.

Cartridges:

  • B is for Boy Lite - car
  • Everyday Paperdolls - tree, road and cloud

I started out by cutting all the pieces out. I elongated the tree so it would fill in more space on the card. I covered the card in a pretty light blue that resembled a clear sky. I took the cloud and embossed it with the Swirls embossing folder. I took the green part of the tree and embossed it with the Dots folder.


to give the car a little more definition, I cut out 2 of the car bodies in red. I inked all parts of the car with Black Soot Distressing ink and a Fanstastix (it got a little messy, hence the stray marks). I attached one body directly to the yellow base, put pop dots on the second and attached it to the car. Then I put the wheels on and the car was complete.

Since I design and place all my cuts on my G, I made sure the road was just the right length for an A2 card. I attached the pieces to the card in this order: road, tree, car, cloud.

I really adore the cuteness of this card. I think you could even give this as a birthday card to a little boy. Thanks for looking and leave me some comments. They keep my creative juices flowing!

Smooches,

Robin
The Scrappin' Delta Diva

No comments:

Post a Comment