Friday, September 10, 2010

Beware!!!!!

If you have been watching the news, you probably have seen or heard about the tornadoes we had in the Dallas area this week. Lots of destruction but no lives taken (thank God!).

After the storm on Wednesday, I made this card. I only wish I had made it earlier so I could have showed it to the storm. Maybe that would have scared it away and left our city in tact. : P

Here are the details:

Cartridges

  • Happy Hauntings - tree, bats, sentiment
  • Mini Monsters - fence
  • George - moon (circle)

I cut a piece of purple cardstock at 4" x 5.5". I inked the edges with my TH Black Soot Distressing ink. I really like the gradual affect this technique gave the paper. I glued the tree to the background.

I inked the moon with TH Vintage Photo Distress Ink and it gave it a real ominous feel. I put an extra thick popdot on the back of the moon so it could cast a great shadow. I glued the up-winged bat on it and put it on the background. I thought the sentiment beware needed something after I put it on. So I covered it with Glossy Accent to make it shine. I glued down the last bat and that part was finished.

I took the smalled foam stickers that I had and cut them in half so that I could put them behind the fence. It worked just like I wanted so that fence cast a shadow, too. All put together, I really like this card. And I hope you do too! Thanks for looking!!!!

Smooches,

Robin
The Scrappin' Delta Diva

1 comment:

  1. What a fun Halloween Card! You really should consider entering some of your pretty projects over at Papercraft Star. It's a unique challenge blog that allow participants and the public to vote on their favorites, the challenges are posted way in advance to give you plenty of time to get your projects ready and you can win prizes too! http://www.papercraftstar.blogpsot.com

    ReplyDelete