Thursday, July 29, 2010

Merci Card made with Martha Stewart Elegant Cakes Cart

OMG! Have you ever had an idea for a card or project in your head and you are like "That is going to be so cute!"? You come up with all these grand ideas about what you are going to do on the project. And then you start assembling it. Half way into the project you realize you bit off more than you could chew. That's the way I felt with this card, the card that almost wasnt!

I got the new Martha Stewart Elegant Cake Art cart from HSN and I was dieing to use it. There are so many classic Martha cuts on this cart that could work well with cards. Well I saw this accent , loved it and thought "I could use this as a background. So I started cutting. I cut out 10 thinking I would have a few extras for mistakes. When I took the mat out, I realized that the cut is actually 2 pieces each, not one (this cart is not on the G yet). I knew it was going to take a little more work than I anticipated but I proceeded.

When I started glueing is when I realized what I had done. Lineing up all those pieces was horrible. I know what I am good at and what I am not. Exact measurements has never been my forte'. I started in the middle (my best idea) and went from there. By the time I put 4 or so on the paper, I was ready to throw in the towel but I didn't. The more I completed, the better it looked and that kept me going.

When I had 7 accents on the card, I was going to stop. But then I decided to cut one in half (crazy, right) and put the halves on the sides of the middle one. I really like the finished look. I cut out some marquees from the Storybook Cart and layered them. I stamped "Merci" in white with my SU! Craft Ink and added a piece of bling for the dot. I decided I needed to include more red so I cut a piece of ribbon, glued it down, pop dotted the marquee and placed it on the card.

I really am happy with the way it all came together! I don't know if I will be making this card again but at least I did try it. Thanks for looking and leave me some comments!

Smooches,


Robin
The Scrappin' Delta Diva

1 comment: