Thursday, July 15, 2010

Boys and Their Toys Card

Oh, oh, oh!!! I have been about to come unglued trying to wait to share this card with you all! I have been in a very creative mood this summer but I try to space my posts out so I can have at least 1 or 2 a week. I made this card last Saturday and couldn't wait to share it with you. I call it Boys and Their Toys and I absolutely love the way it came out! I think it looks like the Little Bill cartoon. I tried some new things with this card so let's get to the details.
Carts:

  • Sugar and Spice Lite - wagon
  • B is for Boy Lite - all the toys

For those of you who have been following me, you know that I started a recent love affair with the Tim Hotlz inks. They are amazing and here is yet another reason why. I made the background paper!!!!! Yeah, uh! I'm stepping up my game. I wanted to use the TH inks but my eBay order had not come in with all my differnt shades of blue. So I only had Broken China in the reinker on hand. I knew that you could spray a craft mat with water was one way to use his ink pads so I decided to do that with the reinker and see what happened. I dropped a few drops of ink on the mat, sprayed it and swirled it around with the tip of a paint brush. I then dipped my white cardstock in it and turned it over. By the look in my eyes you would have thought I had found Fort Knox (or won a golden Cricut!). I repeated this step a couple of times and the results are what you see. I am very pleased with this technique and will be doing it again. I am going to make a post with pics for this technique by the end of this week.


I then cut the wagon out using the Sugar and Spice cart. I don't know why they have a wagon on the girl cart and not the boy but they do. I had to work on this wagon a little. I wanted the handle and the detial to be silver. So I cut the base in silver. But when I went to layer it, the wheels were silver. So I ended up have to cut another bas in black, punch holes in the wheels for the "hub cap", trim it so the sliver line would show and glue it under the red layer. So that is why there is a little adhesive on the "hub cap".



Next, I cut all the layers for the toys. This was a lot of small work but it paid off big time. I just love all the details in the toys. I colored the details on the Jack-In-The-Box's face on because the cut outs were way to small to glue on.



I put pop dots on the wagon and put it on the card. I then glued the toys to the card, making sure to put some of it below the line of the wagon so they look like they are "in" the wagon. I was going to put a title on there but when I finished, I thought it was perfect the way it was.

I don't think I could be happier with this card than I already am, especially since boy and guy cards are so hard for me. TFL!!!

Smooches,


4 comments:

  1. I am so in love with your cards! Keep them coming! You write really nice posts and I love how you explain your process!!! GREAT JOB!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card! I have some TH inks but haven't used them nearly enough. Thanks for inspiring me!

    ReplyDelete