Monday, January 14, 2013

Cards of Inspiration

Hello Divas!  How have you been?  I am feeling very blessed today because 100 years ago today, my sorority, Delta Sigma Theta, was founded by 22 courageous young women.  I am inspired by their vision and will do my best to carry it on.

Speaking of inspiration, that's what this project is all about.  One day, I went looking for a stamp of my favorite scripture, Hebrews 11:1.  I came across a company called Verve Stamps.  They have a line of inspriational stamps, as well as many others kinds of stamps.  I ordered a few since they are very reasonably priced, and I have to say that I love them!  They are really great quality and their customer service is awesome.  Check out their website by clicking here.

Here are the 4 different cards I made with just a few of my stamps.



Here are the materials I used for the Cast Your Cares On Him cards
  • Paper - Echo Park "Life Is Good"
  • Ink - SU Chocolate Chip and TH Vintage Photo
  • Pearls - Recollection
  • Bling, Lace, Buttons and Ribbon - my stash
  • Panels - Storybook Cartridge
  • Embossing Folder - Swiss Dots
 
I really love the colors of these cards.  They are all so soft but vibrant at the same time.  
 
 
It was a last miniute decision to add the bling to the card.  I don't see how it would have been complete without it now. 

 
 
 
The background panel of the panel was embossed and inked.  Although the embossing may have seemed to be lost, it's one of those discoveries that you find after you keep looking at the card.  The inking helps you find it.
 
 
 
This card is a little more simple and structured.  I think I will make the panel larger the next time.

 
 
The pearls and the lace add a dimension of nostalgia to the card.  It works with this paper collection.


Here are the materials I used for the Faith Is... and I Can Do All Things... cards
  • Paper, Fibers and Stickers - Basic Grey "Ambrosia"
  • Ink - SU (Basic Gray and Pumpkin Pie) and TH (Spiced Marmalade and Black Soot)
  • Panels - Base Camp and Storybook Cartridges
  • Punch - MS Punch Double Loops
 
This paper collection is a little harder in it's colors.  But the marterials soften them.

 
The orange cross in the back was a freebie stamp for placing my order.  I stamped the scripture on top in gray.  I love the way it all came together with the inking and fibers.

 
 
I love this paper!  I reminds me of the Orient and their love of intricate details.  
 
 
I took several fibers from the collection and intertwinded them together.  I like the way they criss-cross across the border I punched with one of my MS punches.
 
 
I love these cards and can't wait to write a sweet note to somone in them.  I hope they have inspired you as much as they have warmed my heart.  Until next time...
 
 
Smooches!
 
 
Robin

1 comment:

  1. Robin, your cards are beautiful! I love your designs and the colors are gorgeous. I have never seen stamps like these before. I love them!

    ReplyDelete