Thursday, February 27, 2014

Turkey Toss Basket 2013

3 Peat!  3 Peat!

Hey Divas!  For those of you who have been following me for a few years, you have heard about the Turkey Toss Basket Contest between the departments at my school (Click here for the 2012 entry).  This is a project/contest we do to show appreciation to our custodians and share our blessings with them.  Each department puts together a basket full of Thanksgiving dinner goodness and the baskets are then given to one of the custodians on our staff.  My department has won the contest every year and guess what?!  We won again this year!  Here is this year's entry.


I work with an awesome Special Education department!  They are so giving and we have an appreciation for  each other's talents and gifts.  So the other members of my department provide all the goodies for the basket like mashed potatoes, gravy, corn and so forth.  They also provide money to purchase all the non-food items.  They have asked me for the past 3 years to put the basket together for the team so that's my contribution.

I must admit - I start thinking about what to do for next year's basket right after this year's basket it completed! ; )  I love doing this and challenging myself to come up with new ideas.  This year's inspiration came from Pinterest (Find me on Pinterest at Delta Scrapper).  I love using a cooler as the container because it will definitely be reused over and over again.  I used my Cricut machine to cut out the last name of the custodian in white vinyl.  I welded the letters together on my Gypsy.


I measured the front of the cooler to make sure my letters were to scale.  I love the way it came out.  So many of team members and other co-workers commented on how nice and practical this basket was.  I know the custodian loved it as well.

If you like what you see, please leave me some blog love in the comments section below.  You guys are the best!  Until next time...


Smooches!



1 comment: