Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Chalkboard Door With Vinyl

Hey Divas!  Yep, I'm back again this week with another project.  Don't faint! : )

I told you guys that while I was on a hiatus from my blog, I was still crafting.  This chalkboard door was one of the projects I completed during that time.  I just love it! 


Materials and Cartridges
  • Sentimentals Cartridge - "Welcome" image
  • Brown Vinyl
  • Chalkboard Paint

I got this idea from Pinterest (I'm so addicted!!!)  I went to a local store that sells all kinds of old goodies that can be altered.  I didn't have a large space for this project so when I found this old narrow door, I knew it was the one.  I loved the color and the aging on it appealed to me as well.  I wiped it down really good and then left it as it was.  


I got a small can of chalkboard paint and painted the inset using the edge as my defining line.  I gave it 2 coats so it would be nice and covered.  I cut "Welcome" on my Cricut using the Sentimentals cartridge.  This was an image, not a font, so it was already welded together.  I really love the formal, yet casualness of it. 



I realized that I didn't have the long Cricut mat so in order to get my letters the size I wanted, I was going to have to cut them out on 2 mats.  So I did.  When I adhered the vinyl to the door, I had to lay one part on top of the other in order for the finished product to look like one piece.  I think it turned out nice!

I added an old fashioned crystal knob, a small bucket and various colored chalks to complete the project.    I will use this door to post weekly scriptures in my home and other things I am learning about life along this journey.  I love that I can make it be whatever I want to with just an eraser and some chalk.  I f you like my Chalkboard Door, leave me some blog love comments below.  Thanks for checking me out and until next time...


Smooches!



No comments:

Post a Comment