Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Secret Santa Christmas Mini Album - Pic Heavy

Hello Peeps!  Merry Christmas!!  I wanted to share a mini album I made this holiday season.  I am a member of a group on Facebook called Crafty Girl.  My talented friend and founder, Jennifer Flatt, decided to do a Secret Santa with group members.  I was a Secret Santa to Ema Martinez, whose talents with Copics make me drool!  Anyway, on her list of things she likes was mini albums.  I didn't need to ready any further because I knew what I was going to make for her.  Here is my creation.

I used all sorts of items from my stash.  But here is the best account I could put together of the various materials I used.
  • Paper - Anna Griffin's Calisto Christmas Paper Pack
  • Glimmer Mist - Gumdrop
  • Tim Holtz Inks - Fired Brick, Pine Needle and Vintage Photo
  • Tim Hotz Pins and Charms
  • Cricut Cartridges for Ornaments - Paper Trimmings and Christmas 
  • Cinch Machine and Coiled Binding Wire
  • My Stash - doily, flowers. leaves, fibers, tags, buttons, stamps, mini clothes pin

 
Here's a closeup of the cover.  I used a doily that I spritzed with Glimmer Mist for my base and then started to pile on the goodies from there.  I am pleased with the way it came togehter.  It looks camera ready! : )

Let's get inside to the pages.
Even though this was going to be a mini album, I wanted to put a lot of real estate in it for Ema to put her pictures from the season. So I decided to make the pages fold out pages.


Page 2 - this page has an ornament I cut from the Paper Trimmings cartridge.  I added a gold button for the finishing accent.


Page 3- This page got a pocket for a vintage tag to collect all those memories.  These kinds of spaces will become important in years to come when you look back at this mini.

Page 4- I put an orment on this page that was cut from the Christmas cartridge.  I left the right side loose so a picture could be slid under it.


Page 5- Another tag to jot down the feelings of the season.  The older I get, the more important these things are.  The spirit and the feelings are what make the moments special!


Page 6- Another cute little tag for memories to be kept.  I left space for a picture as well.


That's it for this mini.  I think Ema loved it from what she said on her post.  I certainly enjoyed making it for her.  Until next time...

Smooches!

Robin

2 comments:

  1. Robin, this mini is beautiful!!! I love all of the details! You are an awesome Secret Santa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love it! It is sitting on a table in my craft room so I can see it through out the day. :) I can't wait to get some pictures printed up so I can use it. I had to go back and look for one of the pockets you pointed out. I had not seen that one! Thank you so much for such a thoughtful, wonderful gift! :)

    ReplyDelete