Saturday, July 14, 2012

Perpetual Card Organizer and Calendar

Hey there Divas!  How have you been?  I have been crazy busy with the end of the school year, our first graduating class, a cruise and much more.  But I'm back with another project from the crafting retreat I went on in May.  I am going to show you how to take this...

and turn it into this!


Here's what you will need!

Materials and Supplies
  • Coordinating Papers - I used a kit from Crate Paper called Cottage Collection Kit
  • Chipboard for covers
  • Binding - I used my Cinch and a 1 inch spiral binding wire in Spun Sugar (clear)
  • Printed calendars (attached below)
  • A5 card bases and envelopes
  • Various embellishments of your choice - ribbons, flowers, etc
This is a Perpetual Card Calendar and it is so easy to make!  I have to give a shout out to my girl Kim, aka Bling Dazzler for sharing this project with us at the retreat.  What made my project so easy to make was that I used a scrapbooking kit with double sided paper.  You will definitely want to use a kit because everything is already coordinated.  Most kits include embellishments that will make the card making really easy.   Watch the video below on how to make the pages and covers.

 
After you make the pages, you will need to bind everything together.  I used my Cinch but like I said in the video, you can use whatever you have - Bind It All, loose book rings, etc.  Once you have everything bound, print out your calendar pages and cut them out.  I cut mine 3 3/4 x 5 1/2.  These measurements make them fit on the pages perfectly.  There should be 12 pockets for the 12 months of the year.  Glue one month on each pocket.

Once you have all your calendars in place, it is now time to work on the cards.  Use a card base that coordinates with your papers.  My papers had cream in them so I used cream cards.  Use the various elements and embellishments in the kit to decorate your cards.  



Stick your cards in your pockets, add some ribbon to your binding and you have a completed project.  I added a cute plaque to the front and put some dimensional brads on it to add a little more to the front.  You can add as many embellishments to your project as you want to make it as unique as you are.

To download the FREE file of the calendars, click here!   Remember to cut these calendars at 3 3/4 x 5 1/2 so they will fit on the pages perfectly.  If you decide to make an organizer, send me a pic of it to deltascrapper@yahoo.com.  I would love to see what you made.  Until next time...

Smooches!

 


11 comments:

  1. Love it and the matching cards. Great tip to use the kit! Love everything to coordinate. Thanks for sharing. -Stefani

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great organizer, love the paper kit used..nice job

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant idea to use the page kit!!!!! So smart and perfectly coordinated!

    Love, love, love this project-- -will be scraplifting this fall to make for Christmas gifts! Thanks for video and calendar links too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely love the idea - AND - I have several page kits that would work perfectly!!! I think this would be a wonderful gift for my daughters for Christmas! Now I just need to find time to do them... Great job Robin!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg I love this Robin!! This is so cute and I really love that you only used a collection kit to make this and the cards! I'm adding this to my list of stuff to make!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty, pretty....I too have several kits that I could make one or two or three...lol..awesome idea and project...tfs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice and thanks for the good directions

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the shout out, girl!! Great job and awesome video!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this idea - this is a great gift for my 91 year old mother who is always looking for cards. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great video. I love the way you presented everything. Super idea and the page kit would be a real "time saver". I think this organizer would make a great gift to anyone. I tried to download the calendar but when I clicked on the link, it just took me to the site but not to the download. I just found this at the Cricut blog and realize you posted in July. If you could offer that file again, I would appreciate it. Thank you for sharing a super idea. Diania ddair @aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. The file does not seem to be free.

    ReplyDelete