Sunday, November 27, 2011

October 2011 Card Swap: Birthday Kitty

OMG!!!!!  I will never, never, EVER try to make 14 Hello Kitty cuts!!! (I had to get that out!)

Hello my crafty peeps!  I know it has been waaaay too long since I have posted.  I have been going through some rough times over here but I am making it through.  I haven't crafted much but things are looking up.  I hope to have a few projects coming soon for the holidays so check back often.

You may know that I am in a monthly card swap.  So here is my card for October.  The theme was Birthday so I decided to use a cart I had never used before - Hello Kitty Font.  Here is the card.


Here is the recipe!

Carts and Materials
  • Hello Kitty Font - Hello Kitty Ballerina
  • Storybook - Frame for sentiment
  • Stash - paper, sentiment stamp, SU white craft ink
I do believe that I picked the hardest cut to make on this cartridge.  There are so many small pieces that have to be glued on.  And it took me a couple of times to cut them because my blade depth was not accurate coupled with the smallness of some of the pieces.  It took me forever to finish these things.  when I finished Hello Kitty was anything but sweet!


I went very simple with the rest of the card.  I stamped the sentiment on a frame I cut from Storybook with white craft ink.  I layered it all on a stripe background paper and called it complete.


Leave me some blog love and let me know what you think.  Until next time...

Smooches!


1 comment: