Thursday, April 21, 2011

She's A Lady Card for Circle Blog Weekly Contest + Video Tutorial

This week's contest was to make something I know all about - flowers. You had to make a handmade flower and I have been working on several different kinds of these lately. While I was at the Stampede, one of my tablemates Miro, showed us how to make a flower like she learned in her first Teresa Collins class (Thanks Miro). I really liked the way it came out so I tried to recreate it on this card.

Well, I couldn't remember all the exact steps so I improvised. I played around a little bit with some cutouts and this is what I came up with. I love it! I see so many applications for this kind of flower - frames, altered art, even a broach. Here's the details:

  • French Manor - cut 5 flowers size 2" (base of the flower tag)

The patterned paper collection that I used was Teresa Collins "Posh" line. Isn't it just grogeous! It makes me think of the vintage Barbie with all the different female shilouettes. There's also a little bit of risque to this collection too, with the black fishnet paper. So feminine!

The paper I used for the flower was actually white. I sparyed it with silver Maya Mist spray. Boy did it change the color of the paper completely! I thought it was just going to add a little shimmer like Glimmer Mist but it gave a complete coverage and shimmer.


I put a big black bling in the middle of the flower and surrounded it with tiny clear ones. I then glued the flower on to the card with some Scotch Quick Dry Glue.


I just love the card!  I love it so much, I made a video tutorial on how to make the flower.  Watch and see just how easy it is!



Smooches,

6 comments:

  1. This is just gorgeous! I love everything about it! Good Luck in the challenge!
    Colleen (gonescrappin' from the Circle)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely! Such a beautiful combonation! I enjoyed learning that flower technique from Miro, too! Wonderful! and Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Superb! This card is gorgeous! No need to thank me. I was just thrilled to share something with a table full of amazing women/crafters. You have inspired me once again. Hope the girls can get together again soon. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Robin, Great flower tutorial ! I enjoyed it and you just explained everything, every step just great!
    Angela

    ReplyDelete